Doulton Water Filters Info/Review
Setting the Standards
Doulton water purifiers have been tested and certified to The World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. EPA-approved
laboratory standards, European-approved laboratory standards and the national laboratory standards of over 50 countries.
In fact, they are the only products in this industry to meet the rigid standards of ISO 9000.
- Exceeds ANSI / NSF Standard 53 criteria for cyst reduction (100% removal of Giardia and Crypto oosysts)
and CDC / EPA guidance on drinking water for people with severely weakened immune systems.
Doulton's extensive laboratories are continually striving to set new standards in water quality throughout the world.
The future holds no promise for safe drinking water. The only promise is in Doulton's continued pledge, achieved
through the best in technology combined with enduring craftsmanship, to make the world's most effective bacteria free water purifiers.
All at a small fraction of the cost of nationally advertised bottled water !
|The heart of every Doulton Water Purifier is its exclusive Sterasyl element. The ceramic element
uses the natural properties of highly specialized diatomaceous earth (Kieselguhr),
which is extruded and fired into a hollow porous matrix.
1. Tap water under pressure, flows from outside toward the inside of the sub-micron ceramic element.
2. Impurities unable to penetrate through the microscopic channels of the ceramic matrix, such as bacteria, Cryptosporidium and
other micro organisms, are simply trapped on or near the surface of the element.
3. Bacteria-free water enters through the core of the highly activated extruded carbon block
- another natural component of Doulton's ceramic element, which is used to reduce chlorine, pesticides, herbicides,
toxic chemicals, as well as taste and odors which may be present in your water.
|Throughout this molecular process water retains the high-oxygen content
that gives it its spring-fresh flavor.
4. In addition, both negative (-) and positive (+) adsorptive forces are permanently induced into the ceramic and carbon media
to remove oppositely charged contaminants even smaller than those removed by the micro-straining action.
5. Impregnation of the ceramic element with silver renders its surface bacteriostatic
- that is, bacteria cannot grow on the surface. This ensures that you can change or clean the cartridge with no fear of contamination.
In contrast to the silver which is used in activated carbon filters, the silver in the ceramic element is in a form which
will not readily leach out, so its effectiveness exceeds the life of the element.
An important feature of the Supercarb element is its capability to be cleaned. Frequency of cleaning depends on the
quality of the water supply but a simple scrub with a stiff brush or nylon scouring pad will restore the element to a clean condition
- another Doulton exclusive.